Day#20 - 29 Days Challenge

 Hi again everyone !!


This is yet another update on the 29 Days Challenge and today marks the day number 20 in this challenge in which I chose to make running as part of my routine for gaining back my long-lost stamina and for better health in general. I’m aiming to run 5 km within 30 minutes at the end of the challenge.

In this post, I want to make a simple comparison between the last 10 days and the first 10 days of this challenge, therefore I’m summarizing the key findings of this comparison in the table below:



Day 1 - 10

Day 11 - 20

Number of Runs

5 Times

5 Times

Total Distance Covered 

10.7 km

17.25 km

Total Run Time

~ 61 minutes

~ 103 minutes

Average Time per Run

~12.2 minute/run

~20.6 minute/run


As you can tell, I increased in quality over quantity 😁, what is even more exciting is that these last runs were joyful instead as opposed to the painful ones at the beginning of the challenge. These runs are teaching me valuable lessons both on the physical and mental levels. So far, every run makes me forget the stress of everyday life tasks and in a way brings back the connection with my inner self as it used to be years ago. In terms of physical level, I noticed that running in the afternoon works better for me than running in the early mornings so I think I will stick with the afternoon runs from now on **under the assumptions there will be no sun 😎**


Now I feel more confident that I will be able to finish this challenge and continue this habit even after the 29 days finishes **🤞🤞**. Also, I will stick to my goal of reaching 5 km within 30 minutes. Lastly, I want to end by sending a reminder of how grateful I’m for having the luxury to run and for my self determination to continue. 


Now I want to leave you with the video of my last run.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finishing Line or New Beginning ?

Day#0 - 29 Days Challenge

Day#10 - 29 Days Challenge